Easy Eats: Macaroni & Cheese Temptation
Kid-friendly, adult approved this Macaronic & Cheese Temptation Recipe is just that… A Delicious Temptation! With a more substantial list of ingredients you’ll feel much better serving this up for dinner than boxed mac and cheese. Make tonight’s dinner quick, easy and delicious with this week’s Easy Eats Recipe!
- ½ Lb. Macaroni, dry
- 1 T. Butter
- 1 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1 Whole Large Egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 3 Cups Grated Cheddar, divided
- 1 T. All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 Cups Milk
- Cook macaroni in large saucepan according to package direction. (Pasta should be tender, but not too soft.)
- Drain well and allow to cool slightly. Remove to saucepan.
- Stir in butter, mustard, egg, and salt.
- Add 2-1/2 cups cheese and the flour, tossing well to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Turn mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Pour milk over macaroni and cheese.
- Use the back of a spoon to press down ingredients in the pan and level to the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake about 10 minutes longer or until the custard is set and the top is golden and crusty.