Easy Eats: Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Loin with Spaghetti Squash
It’s time already for this week’s Easy Eats Recipe! After being told about the texture of cooked Grilled Spaghetti Squash feeling similar to Spaghetti Noodles I became slightly skeptical about grilling it. Mainly because I am a huge lover of carbs & it seemed unnatural for a Squash to have the name of a traditional Noodle. Once I was all done grilling, however I was really surprised by how delightful this meal ended up being- Spaghetti Squash and all.
To begin I cleaned the outer skin of the Spaghetti Squash. It is really important with all produce to clean the outer skin prior to cutting into it. Otherwise when you slice into the Squash all of the elements that have had contact with the outside of the fruit will be pushed into the edible insides of the fruit.
Next I sliced the squash in half and doused it with the Olive Oil prior to wrapping it in tin foil and placing it on the grill. The results of all of this prep work were truly delectable and I thought the Honey Mustard Pork Loin was the perfect combination with the Spaghetti Squash.
The dot of butter plus a little bit of salt and pepper was a delicious addition to the Noodle texture of the Spaghetti Squash, however next time I think I will try adding some Brown Sugar to have a different flavor.
I hope this recipe was as easy and delicious as it was for me! Comment with your different Squash grilling variations- I’d love to swap techniques!
Until then, Happy Grilling Easy Eaters!
- 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
- 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Hormel Always Tender Honey Mustard Flavored Pork Loin
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Prepare grill for medium-hot coals.
- Cut squash in half. Scoop out and discard seeds.
- Brush squash generously with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Then wrap squash tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Grill squash flesh-side-down for 15 minutes or until flesh is tender and easily pierced with knife.
- Meanwhile, slice pork loin into 1-inch thick medallions. Grill pork medallions 5 minutes. Turn over; grill 5 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 145 or 155.
- Scoop squash flesh from shell into serving bowl.
- Dot with butter; serve alongside grilled pork.