Easy Eats: Gooey Juicy Lucy Burgers
Tender chicken burgers dripping with gooey cheese are a treat no matter the time of the year! They’re especially indulgent topped with golden and sautéed onions, lettuce, tomato or any of your other favorite burger toppings. What’s extra great about this recipe is the fact that it’s made with ground chicken, which is not only a healthier option it is also crazy good tasting!
If you’re looking for a summer meal that is light, delicious, unique and sure to be a hit for the whole family try these Gooey Juicy Lucy Chicken Burgers! Enjoy Easy Eaters!
- Place beans in large bowl; mash with form or potato masher.
- Add ground chicken, bread crumbs, worcestershire, seasoning salt, salt and pepper.
- Gently mix to combine.
- Form 8 thin patties.
- Cut each slice of cheese into 4 equal squares; stack the pieces.
- Sandwich one stack of cheese between 2 meat patties.
- Tightly pinch edges together to seal.
- Repeat with remaining patties and cheese.
- Heat a lightly greased, cast-iron or stove top girl skillet over medium heat.
- Cook burgers for about 10 minutes, turning once until browned and no longer pink inside.
- Serve on onion rolls with condiments and sautéed onions on top.
For easier handling during cooking pale uncooked stuffed burgers in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes sliding them into hot skillet or onto the grill.