Easy Eats: Sensational Foil-Pack Vegetables
Summer will be winding down before we know it! Here’s a great way to take advantage of your summer-grilling before it’s time to pack away the grill for the season. This foil-wrapped grilled vegetable recipe is a snap and the ultimate way to make a flavorful veggie dish. If you love to grill, then you know that vegetables can be difficult to cook on a grill at times because they tend to be softer and smaller and therefore can fall through the grill grate and into your fire. Follow the directions below and you’ll have a delicious side dish prepared in minutes that will accompany any summer meal!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine vegetables, tomatoes and dressing.
- Spoon onto center of large sheet heavy-duty foil fold to make packet.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning after 4 minutes.
- Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packet.
- Sprinkle vegetable mixture with cheese.
For an extra special flavor: Toss vegetables and tomatoes with 1 T. pesto along with the dressing. Or, sprinkle cooked vegetable mixture with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.