Easy Eats: Sweet & Sour Glazed Pork Chops
Grilling season is well under way folks! After the first few outside meals of burgers and grilled chicken, we felt it was time to provide our Easy Eats followers with a tasty Pork Chop recipe. What is especially unique about this Sweet & Sour glaze is that prior to brushing the glaze ingredients together onto the Pork Chops they are marinated in a dry rub. This dry rub gives it the just the right amount of kick and it perfectly compliments the glaze that is used while they chops are grilling.
This recipe is extremely versatile and there are many different side dishes that will taste delightful when paired with the pork chops. We tried cooked carrots, but are confident that cheesy asparagus, Spanish rice or grilled pineapple would all taste fantastic as well (to name a few off the top of our list!) Enjoy this Easy Eats Recipe and rest assured that just because the school year is winding down and your days are busy you can still enjoy a home cooked meal with your family. Happy grilling Easy Eaters!
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with garlic-pepper blend, paprika and salt.
- When grill is heated, place pork chops on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6" from medium coals.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes, until internal temperature of pork reaches at least 145 degrees F.
- During the last 5 minutes turn pork chops once or twice and brush with glaze.