Easy Eats: Blueberry Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Syrup
Here’s an Easy Eats Recipe that is perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! These mini “sandwich style” french toast are stuffed with cream cheese, blueberry preserves and a whole load of deliciousness. Experience french toast like you never have before and make mom’s day!
To begin, cut the baguettes into 1 inch slices. Put two slices together to make miniature sandwiches and then place them in the clean baking dish to be certain you have enough prepared to fill the dish. Next prepare the sandwiches by putting cream cheese on one of the halves and blueberry preserves on the other. Stick the sandwiches together and get ready to prep the baking dish!
This part is simple. To prepare the dish all you need to do is line the bottom of the tin with brown sugar and then coat the brown sugar with butter. Prepare the egg and milk mixture according to the directions and then dip your sandwiches in the mixture. Place them in the baking dish, coat the rest of the sandwiches with the leftover milk and egg mixture and then place your dish in the refrigerator for at least one hour. I let mine stay in the fridge over night and it was delicious!
When you’re ready to serve your meal simply remove the dish from the fridge, top it with blueberries and place it in the oven for about a half an hour. As the dish is baking prepare the homemade blueberry syrup. Can you say delicious?
Don’t have time to make this meal for mom today? Surprise her next weekend with breakfast and show her she’s special every day of the year with this Easy Eats Recipe!
- Slice baguettes into equal 1" slices. (You will need enough slices to make sandwiches to fill a 9 X 13 baking dish.)
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the bottom slices of the sandwiches.
- Spread blueberry preserves evenly over the top slices of the sandwiches.
- Combine the cream cheese slice with the blueberry preserve slice to make a sandwich.
- Continue with the previous steps until you have enough "sandwiches" to fill the baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over the brown sugar.
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl, whip until smooth.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining egg mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (can ask be left overnight!)
- Before baking, sprinkle 1 package of blueberries over the entire dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
- Add 1 bottle of pure maple syrup and 1 package of blueberries to a small sauce pan.
- Cook syrup and berries approximately 3-5 minutes over medium heat until the berries burst.
- Pour the syrup through a sieve into a heat proof container.
- Serve french toast warm and with warm homemade blueberry syrup.