Easy Eats: Grilled Mexican Chicken Burgers
This week’s Easy Eats features a meal that is great for a wide variety of taste buds and flavor preferences. Somewhere between grilled chicken breasts and tacos lies this meal planning creation and we’re so glad we get to share it with you!
Grilled Mexican Chicken Burgers are delightfully tasty and perfect for enjoying on a patio or deck on one of the first nice evening of the season. To make these burgers, simply mix ground chicken with a package of taco seasoning. When it is thoroughly mixed, press the chicken into patties. We made four 1/4 Lb. patties with the 1 Lb. of chicken, but it is simple to double a recipe and make eight or make three 1/3 Lb. patties instead of 1/4 Lb.
Next, add your patties to a warm grill, flipping after several minutes. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F, add a slice or two of pepper jack cheese to each of the patties and close the grill for a minute or two.
Now comes the fun part. Remove the warm chicken patties from the grill, and add to the buns. Then complete the meal with tasty guacamole, salsa, lettuce and any other type of burger necessity you can imagine (think onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.)
There you have it! A delicious Easy Eats recipe that will be fun to make and great to eat all summer long! Happy Grilling Easy Eaters!
- Preheat grill.
- In large bowl, mix chicken and taco seasoning mix.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about ¾ inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once.
- Top each patty with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place patties on bottoms of buns.
- Top with guacamole, salsa and tops of buns.