Easy Eats: Classic Tuna Melt
There’s nothing quite like a delicious tuna sandwich pressed between your favorite type of whole grain bread for a healthy and hearty lunch! Until recently I wasn’t a big fan of tuna. I think it was because I wasn’t having tuna in the right way.
Basically this recipe is like a tuna salad with some added flavor from onions, a crunch from celery and some cheese to accompany the flavor. To make simply mix together your tuna with mayo, diced onions and minced celery. Add some salt and pepper for extra flavor and then put your sandwich together with cheese and toasted bread. If you’ve never tried it I suggest trying Four Brothers Wholesome Harvest Bread. Not only is it the best bread in the business, but it is extremely healthy and a great companion to your tuna salad! Simply toast your bread by adding a touch of butter to each side, add a little bit of your favorite sandwich veggies such as lettuce or tomatoes and just like that your meal is ready to go!
Add a soup or salad and enjoy this delicious meal Easy Eaters!
- Mix tuna with desired amounts of mayo, finely diced onion and celery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place butter side down on a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese, desired amount of tuna salad and a second slice of buttered bread (butter side out).
- Grill on each side until bread is golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite salad or fresh fruit.