Easy Eats: Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce
Check out this tasty Easy Eats video for a spin on a normal chicken breast dinner! The lemon and caper flavors from this sauce are very versatile and can be used with a variety of light meats such as poultry and fish!
Enjoy this printable recipe for your cooking convenience!
- Mix salt and flour in a small dish or plastic bag.
- Coat chicken and shake off excess.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken in hot oil until both sides are golden-brown and the inside has turned white and firm, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a warm place.
- Pour white wine into the skillet and allow it to boil as you dissolve the cooked bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the lemon juice and allow it to come to a boil.
- Cook for a few minutes until reduced by half.
- Sprinkle the cubed butter into the boiling sauce.
- Swirl and shake the pan vigorously to dissolve the butter, thus thickening the sauce.
- The butter must never come to rest, or the sauce will separate and become oily.
- Once the butter has completely blended in, remove from heat and stir in capers.
- To serve, pour lemon-caper sauce over the chicken, and serve with a lemon wedge.