Easy Eats: Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
If Thanksgiving dinner is your favorite meal of the year then this Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin recipe is going to be right up there with that giant and delicious meal! That’s because this recipe features tons of holiday favorites: cranberries, sweet potatoes, and a juicy flavorful meal that everyone will love- Just substitute the turkey for pork tenderloin!
We love slow cooker meals here at CobornsDelivers because they make your food prep extremely simple! Have everything ready to go the night before, toss it in a crock pot before you leave in the morning and you’ll come home to a delectable meal that the whole family will love.
All the flavor of a gourmet meal with little to no effort from you! That’s an Easy Eats recipe for the books!
- ¼ Cup + 1 T. Light Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Back Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp.Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Pkg. Hormel Original Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Medium Apples, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 T. Water
- 2 T. Soy Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together ¼ Cup brown sugar, thyme, salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add chopped onion and sprinkle with about half the spice mixture.
- Coat pork with remaining spice mixture.
- Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables.
- TopCoat pork with remaining spice mixture. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables. Top pork with apples, cranberries and water. Cover.
- Cook on medium for 7½ hours if you will be gone during the day. (Otherwise you can cook on high of 1 - 1½ hours and then on high for about 5 - 5½ hours if you are home during the day. Either way your results will be delicious!)
- Remove pork from slow cooker.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Brush mixture over pork.
- Broil in oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with more glaze.
- To serve, transfer pork to cutting board and carve crosswise into thick slices.
- Spoon sweet potato, onion and apple mixture onion a serving platter and arrange pork slices over the top.
- If there's any liquid left in the slow cooker serve separately on the side.