Chia Spiced Gala Apple Sauce with Crème Fraiche
This tasty Apple Sauce is perfectly flavored and made from the delicious Gala Apple. This dessert is a wonderful treat on a winter day and its simple spices give it a flavor that is irresistible and similar to that of the creamy Indian Chia Drink. Be sure to use the skins of the Gala Apples as well- they add a beautiful deep amber color and a very nice texture to the Sauce.
Here’s some facts about the delicious Gala Apple!
- Gala Apples are both sweet and tart with a tinge of tropical fruit.
- Gala Apples are low in calories and fat free, this makes them a fast and healthy snack.
- You can find Gala Apples in the produce aisle all year long.
- Gala Apples are great in a main dish, such as braised chicken because of their bold flavor.
- Savory flavors compliment the Gala Apple’s moderate sweetness the best.
- Serve the versatile Gala Apple with Merlot or Pinot Noir- they compliment the Gala perfectly!
Check out the details below for this delicious dish!
- 1 Cup of Apple Juice or Apple Cider
- 2 T. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ginger
- ⅛ tsp. Cardamom
- ⅛ tsp. Cloves
- Crème Fraiche for garnish
- Place the quartered apples and 1 cup of apple juice to in a pot and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on until the apple are soft and juicy.
- Frequently stir the apples to make sure they aren’t burning or sticking the bottom of the pan.
- Add the spices and continue to simmer the apples 30 more minutes until they are very soft.
- Puree in the pot with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Serve warm and garnish with a swirl of crème fraiche, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
We hope you love this tasty treat! Pair this Apple Sauce Dessert with one of our wine suggestions and enjoy this warm creation on a cold day or year around!