Easy Eats: Caramel Apple Pie
There’s nothing better than a homemade Apple Pie- especially when it’s doused in delicious Caramel flavors. I promise you, your taste buds will be smiling with this heavenly dessert.
I have a secret for you, I had never made a homemade Pie; usually I pick one up last minute and bring it to whatever get-together I am attending. But Easy Eaters, I promise you this Recipe was so simple even I could master it!
Prepare your Caramels and Apples and Pecans. Place all those goodies plus the Sugar, Flour, Cinnamon and Salt in a Pie Dish and then add even more Caramels to the top of the crust. Create your topping ingredients and add that to the top of your almost-completed pie. Place the pie dish in the oven, but make sure you line a baking sheet with foil so it can catch the excess overflow of your pie. This step is important because it will save you time on the clean up later!
Top this sweet dessert with ice cream or pair it with a warm cup of coffee and satisfy your sweet tooth. There will be no more store bought Pies for me! From now on I’m keeping this Recipe in my filing cabinet.
Enjoy this Caramel Apple Pie Recipe this fall season and all year long. I hope you think it’s mouthwatering too!
- 1 Pre-Made Pie Crust Pastry
- 20 Caramels, cut in half and divided
- For Apple Filling:
- 8 Cups Pie Apples, peeled and sliced (about 8 medium apples)
- ¾ CupSugar
- 4 T. Flour
- 1½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ Cup Pecans, coarsely chopped
- For Crumble Topping:
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Flour
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Pecans, coarsely chopped
- Prepare the Following
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each caramel half to create small chunks. Divide chunks into two portions.
- Coarsely chop ¾ Cup of Pecans. Divide into ½ Cup and ¼ Cup portions.
- Peel apples and cut into small slices.
- Place one pie crust in a pie dish.
- Place one half of the caramel chunks on the top of the crust.
- Combine Apple slices with ¾ Cup sugar, 4 T. Flour, 1 tsp. Cinnamon, 1 tsp. Salt and ½ Cup Pecans.
- Pour into pie dish. The apples will mound out of the dish - that's okay!
- Place remainder of Caramel chunks on top of Apple Filling.
- Combine all topping ingredients except pecans and cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add chopped pecans to mixture and stir.
- Carefully spoon topping onto the top of the apples and caramel. You will need to press the topping mixture gently onto the filling so it covers entire pie.
- Put pie dish into oven.
- Place the foil-lined baking dish beneath the pie to catch any overflow.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- To prevent excess browning of crust, you may cover edges of pie with foil.
- Serve with Izzy's Ice Cream and Peace Coffee.