Easy Eats: Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
The smell of fall is in the air, the smell of Pumpkin Spice that is. It seems like everywhere you turn in the fall Pumpkin Spice is there in drinks, in muffins and in this case, cupcakes.
The best part about these cupcakes is the fact that they are topped with cream cheese frosting. The best kind, if you ask me. I simply loaded my tub of frosting into a Ziplock bag, cut off a corner and squeezed out the frosting into a nice swirl shape on the top of each cupcake. I then took the Pumpkin Spice and sprinkled a little on top to add a little something extra. I also had some small artificial leaves around so I poked those in the top to add to the fall feel.
That’s it, simple, delicious and festive. I hope you enjoy this recipe this fall and all year long!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan)
- Place baking cups in each of the 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat Cake Mix, Pumpkin, Water, Oil, Eggs and Pumpkin Pie Spice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Then medium speed 2 more minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake 19 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting, decorate if desired. Store loosely covered.