Easy Eats: Taco Pizza
Taco and Pizza both good on their own, but when you put them together… even better! This recipe takes on more of the taco taste versus pizza, and it is great. I never thought to make my own taco pizza before. Typically, I make your traditional pepperoni or sausage but this recipe will now top my list for a dinner go-to. It is so easy and the thing that I like the best about it is that you can really top it with any of your favorite taco toppings. So even if you don’t have all of the ingredients at home, you can simply throw on what you have. But you should never be without this ingredients with CobornsDelivers Easy Eats. You are just a couple clicks away from having all of the ingredients for this recipe brought right to your door.
If you have ever had left over taco pizza, you know that there is much to be desired. So, my tip for you today is to only top as much pizza as you are going to eat with the cold ingredients. That way, you can reheat the crust part of the pizza at a later time and add your lettuce, tomatoes and olives after you have reheated. This is much better than heating shredded lettuce… yuck.
Top it your way
This recipe calls to top the pizza with lettuce, onion and olives. To add a little color I poured some taco sauce on top and served it with salsa. You could also add tomatoes, jalapenos, sour cream or really any taco topping you want. You could even turn this into a fun taco buffet and serve the pizza with meat and cheese and allow your guests to go through a taco topping line and load on any ingredients they would prefer.
Serve your pizza with some refried beans, Spanish rice or chips and queso to complete you meal. And don’t forget the margaritas!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza crust onto greased pizza pan and press to desired thickness.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- While pizza crust is baking, heat taco meat just slightly so it can be spread onto crust.
- When pizza crust is done, evenly spread taco meat onto the crust and cover with shredded cheese. Put pizza back in oven for 6-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Top with lettuce, black olives, green onions and whatever additional toppings you desire.
- Cut and serve.