Grandparents’ Day- Oreo Popcorn Snack Mix
National Grandparents’ Day this year is on Sunday, September 13th. Not necessarily the most celebrated holiday, but it is fun for the kids to be able to put something fun together for their Grandmas and Grandpas. So here is a “Sweet” idea for you.
Simply make up a snack that Grandma and Grandpa will love. Stuff the treats into a Ziplock Snack Bag.
Click Here and print out the “Happy Grandparents’ Day” printable, sign and attach the printable tag to your Ziplock bag with a couple staples and that’s it.
You could do any kind of snack, you could even fill it with a premade Food Club Snack Mix or nuts, but we have provided a simple recipe below if you want to try something new and yummy. This Oreo Popcorn is a sweet treat that isn’t too rich and everyone should be able to enjoy.
Want to give this to someone other than the Grandparents? Click Here for a more generic “Sweet Treats for You” printable to use for any occasion!!
- 5 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 3 Bars Ghiradelli White Chocolate Baking Bars
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- Crush 12 Oreo Cookies by hand or in food processor, not to dust.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave, stirring after 30 second increments until completely melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour melted chocolate over popped corn and stir to coat evenly.
- Add crushed Oreos and stir until mixed completely.
- Set aside and let the chocolate harden.
Hope you enjoy this tasty Snack Mix and the printable tags come in handy!