Layered Taco Dip
As I am writing this blog, it is a Friday (sorry, don’t mean to rub it in) and I am ready for the weekend. It’s been another long week of work and I am ready to relax. But we have a potluck to go to tonight. You know I love a good potluck, but I’m burnt out and need an easy recipe. I’m not burnt out enough to just buy something premade, so I decided to make a taco dip. It’s easy, quick, you don’t need a lot of ingredients and it’s always a hit.
In my recipe I simply top my sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning mixture with shredded lettuce, green onions, chopped tomatoes and shredded cheese. That is only because I have a picky family, you could add many more ingredients to this for added flavor. For example: sliced black olives, black beans, chopped jalapenos, sliced avocado, salsa, taco sauce, diced chilies, etc. You get the idea. So be creative, add what you like and serve with your favorite tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- 2 - 1 Oz. Packages Taco Seasoning Mix
- Shredded Lettuce
- 16 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 16 Oz. Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Green Onions, chopped
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream. Use electric mixer to obtain a less lumpy texture, or stir by hand to create a cottage cheese texture.
- Add both packages of taco seasoning mix.
- Spread evenly onto a serving platter.
- Evenly layer shredded lettuce, onions, cheese and tomatoes on top of cheese mixture.
You can also season the top of the dip with a Mexican seasoning mix.