Easy Eats: Pesto and Mozzarella Chicken Burgers
I don’t feel that chicken patties have a good reputation. When I used to think of chicken patties, I would think of the breaded chicken patties on a cheap bun with bulk mayonnaise and a leaf of iceberg lettuce like we used to get in school lunches. This chicken patty sandwich is the complete opposite, starting with the patty.
The Gold’n Plump Original Chicken Patties have great flavor and are 50% less fat than regular ground beef. They are packaged to seal in flavor and are simple to grab and cook, no thawing required. Not to mention, Gold’n Plump is a local company and the chicken is raised on local family farms, can’t beat that.
This chicken sandwich is made with a freshly baked Ciabatta roll. They are Take & Bake, so make sure you remember to bake them first. I’ve forgotten to bake them before, let’s just say that I won’t make that mistake again. It’s simple, just throw them in the oven for a few minutes, and they are fresh and warm. No cheap bun that comes in a pack of 24 here, these Ciabatta rolls have a nice crisp crust that isn’t difficult to bite into, and features a nice soft texture inside.
Once you have baked your rolls and grilled your chicken patties, all you do is top with a slice of mozzarella, pesto and cracked pepper and you are done. This sandwich is a huge upgrade from those school lunches and is a great sandwich to serve on the deck with lemonade and a fresh Caesar salad. There you have it, a simple gourmet sandwich that is sure to become a family favorite.
- 3 Gold'n Plump Chicken Patties, Original Flavor
- 3 Ciabatta Rolls, halved horizontally
- ⅓ Cup Prepared Pesto Sauce
- To Taste Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place frozen chicken patties on greased grill rack.
- Cook about 7 minutes per side or until browned and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, heat Ciabatta rolls as directed on package.
- To assemble each burger, place grilled chicken patty on bottom half of bun.
- Layer slice of mozzarella cheese, pesto and cracked pepper on top.
- Top with second half of roll.