Easy Eats: Patio Chicken with Cherry Tomato Chutney
In preparation for this blog we ran out of propane for our grill. So I decided to head over to my aunt’s house and volunteer to make her and her family dinner with the stipulation that I can use her grill. She makes great dinners that I enjoy often, so it was a nice payback as well. She agreed and I was on my way. While gathering my ingredients at home I could not find the ginger root I bought so I substituted ground ginger. If you are going to do that in this recipe, you will only use 1/8 teaspoon.
Do your taste buds a favor
This is not a simple, open the bag, dump in the ingredients and mix kind of recipe. But don’t let that discourage you. This recipe is absolutely delicious. My aunt and all of her family loved it! We could not stop talking about how delicious it was, we went on and on. After dinner I was talking to my cousin and said, “that was restaurant quality.” He replied, “that was better than gourmet restaurant quality.”
When I make this recipe again I will probably make more of the chutney because you can also eat it as a side dish as well as a topping to your chicken. The Gold’n Plump grilled chicken was moist and delicious; the marinade was a nice subtle addition of flavor, no bad things to say.
For the good of your taste buds, try this recipe. The flavors mix wonderfully together and it is just delicious.
- 3 to 4 Gold'n Plump Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Lemon
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cups Grape Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 3 T. Golden Raisins
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 2 T. Brown Sugar
- 1 T. Fresh Ginger Root, grated or ⅛ tsp. Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grate peel from lemon; squeeze juice into small dish.
- Mix lemon peel, 2 T. lemon juice (reserve the rest for tomatoes), and garlic in medium bowl or plastic resealable bag.
- Add chicken; turn pieces to coat with marinade.
- Marinate chicken for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix tomatoes, raisins, sugar, ginger, and red pepper in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir about 15 minutes or until tomatoes are very tender and saucy.
- Stir in remaining fresh lemon juice and green onions.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill about 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center.
- Serve with tomato chutney.