Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
I love a good potluck. I enjoy trying everyone else’s recipes, and there is always so much good food! I try to make different and fun things when I go to a potluck so this year for the Father’s Day Potluck at my in-laws cabin I decided to make Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies. Mmmm… Bacon, right?
I think these cookies are delicious. I wanted plenty to go around so I made a double batch, that was kind of a good idea. I say “kind of” because I ended up eating all of the cookies that didn’t fit in my container to take to the lake the following week.
I’ll be honest, they are not for everyone, but they are a good conversation piece and most people really enjoyed them and liked trying something different.
Like I said, I doubled my batch, which then called for 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. I ended up using the entire bag of chocolate chips which was about 2.5 cups, because… why not? The doubled batch also called for 2/3 cup Four Brothers Bacon. My husband and I are terrible estimators so we made too much so we put in an entire cup of chopped bacon. With this recipe you can really go either way, adding more or less. However, when I make these again, I will again add more of these two ingredients.
The rest of the recipe is pretty straight forward. These cookies are a little salty and a little sweet, which in my opinion is a GREAT combination. I would highly recommend using the Four Brothers Bacon, it is so flavorful, thick and delicious, you can’t go wrong.
So try this Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookie recipe and let me know what you think!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Butter, room temperature
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Maple Extract, Pure Maple Syrup or Pancake Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Four Brothers Bacon, fully cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and maple extract, beat until well blended and slightly fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in bacon and chocolate chips.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.