Easy Eats: Chicken Stew
Chicken, stew vegetables, broth, cream and seasonings make a simple stew that’s a wonderful comfort food right out of the crock pot.
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 28 oz. Crazy Fresh Pot Roast Mix
- 1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into 1-2 inch pieces. Saute in olive oil for 3-4 minutes until the chicken browns just on the outside. Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Place vegetable mix into crock pot over the chicken. Add poultry seasoning, salt and chicken broth.
- Combine flour with whipping cream and whisk together. Add to the crockpot. Stir all ingredients together to combine. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- 5 minutes before serving, stir in peas and fresh parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rustic bread or biscuits and a salad.
Shop smarter with Coborn’s Delivers. We’re not your typical grocery store. We’re better. Shop from organized shopping lists, choose produce based on expert ratings, support local growers and suppliers, get recipe ideas, buy meals in 1-Click, and more.