Halloween Party Planner
Host a Halloween party that is sure to give thrills and chills.
Get the party started this Halloween with tips and tricks to a ghoulishly good evening your guests will be sure to remember. This checklist will help you host the spookiest bash ever. Kids and adults alike will be screaming in delight.
Halloween Party Checklist
Planning ahead is key to a fiendishly fun Halloween party. This easy-to-use checklist will help diminish your pre-party jitters. Not everything about Halloween has to be frightening!
- One month ahead. Decide on the date, time, guests, and theme. Send out spellbinding invites so guests can save the date. If the party is for kids, keep ages in mind. Invite one guest for each year of your child’s age. For an 8-year-old, invite eight guests. Length of party should also decrease with age. A Halloween party for 10-year-olds should be three hours long, while two hours is long enough for very young children and toddlers.
- Two weeks out. Follow up on R.S.V.P.s to get a final head count before inviting additional guests. Encourage guests to wear Halloween costumes. This is also the time to finalize the menu, prizes, activities, and spooky decorations. Plan for more games and activities than time allotted. This way if a game is a flop, you can smoothly move on to another activity.
- One week before the big day. Double-check any special arrangements or performers you have lined up. Purchase all decorations and food. Coborn’s Delivers has plenty of Easy Eats recipes that are quick, simple, and sure to satisfy at your Halloween Party.
- Three days prior. Create a party agenda with a timeline for games, activities, and food.
- Party time! The work isn’t quite over yet, but if you’ve properly prepared, the day should go smoothly! Make the day extra special by using a Polaroid camera to take a picture of everyone as they arrive in costume. Then use these pictures at place settings to designate seats. The photo then turns into a fun memento. You can create an instantly spooky setting for the day by using dry ice in jack-o’-lanterns and replacing lights with green lightbulbs for an eery glow.
Planning a Halloween party doesn’t have to be scary! Follow these Halloween party planning tips and checklist for a day that is satisfyingly spooky.
Shop smarter with Coborn’s Delivers. We’re not your typical grocery store. We’re better. Shop from organized shopping lists, choose produce based on expert ratings, support local growers and suppliers, get recipe ideas, buy meals in 1-Click, and more.