Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Be keen on a clean house.
Spring cleaning your home doesn’t have to be dirty work! Pull up the blinds, let some sunshine in, and make your home clean and happy. CobornsDelivers.com has great specials on the cleaning supplies you need to freshen your home for spring and summer. Here are some tips and tricks to put your house back in order after a long winter.
- Cleaning stainless steel appliances. Show off the luster of your sleek units. Windex Glass Cleaner makes stainless steel shine. A few sprays and wipes with paper towels and your appliances will look like new.
- Bathroom+bleach. The strong cleaning properties of Food Club Super Clean Liquid Bleach will rid your bathroom of mildew and mold.
- Remove mold and mildew from the grout between your bathroom tiles. Mix equal parts of chlorine bleach and water in a spray bottle, and spray it over grout. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then scrub with a stiff brush and rinse off.
- Rid your rubber shower mat of mildew. Soak in a solution of 1/8 cup (3.7 liters) chlorine bleach in 1 gallon water for 3-4 hours. Rinse well.
- Get mold and mildew off your shower curtains. Wash them — along with a couple of bath towels (to prevent the plastic curtains from crinkling) — in warm water with 1/2 cup chlorine bleach and 1/4 cup laundry detergent. Let the washer run for a couple of minutes before loading. Put the shower curtain and towels in the dryer on the lowest temperature setting for 10 minutes, then immediately hang-dry.
- Easy-Off is as easy as it sounds. Keep your kitchen clean with Easy-Off No Fumes Oven Cleaner. Turn off the oven. Hold the Easy-Off can upright and point it away from your face. Align the pointing arrow on the spray trigger with the black dot. Spray the top of the oven first and then the bottom and sides from a distance of nine to 12 inches. Close the oven door. Allow the foam to work for five to 10 minutes. Wipe the oven clean with a wet sponge or cloth. Rinse several times. Let the foam remain longer if your oven is heavily soiled.
- The power of Pine-Sol. To restore tiles, start with a solution of ¼ cup of Pine-Sol® Multi-Surface Cleaner in a gallon of warm water. Apply a moderate amount to a mop, sponge or cloth, and give the tile a gentle wash.
Now you have no excuse not to start on that spring cleaning list! Let us help you. Not only is CobornsDelivers.com convenient and saves time, but a new study found grocery delivery service can cut CO2 emissions by at least half. This season keep it green with our yellow vans!
Shop smarter with Coborn’s Delivers. We’re not your typical grocery store. We’re better. Shop from organized shopping lists, choose produce based on expert ratings, support local growers and suppliers, get recipe ideas, buy meals in 1-Click, and more.