This burger is a delightful dish full of flavor, cheesiness and it pairs great with tons of sides! If you’re looking to make a brand new and creative burger flavor we promise all blue cheese lovers will thank us for this one!
- ½ Lb. Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef (Will make roughly 8 burger patties. Adjust accordingly for smaller portion!)
- ¼ Cup Scallions, minced with tops included
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Ground Red Pepper
- Hamburger Buns, toasted
- Add blue cheese crumbles to the ground beef.
- Add minced scallions, tabasco, worcestershire, salt, pepper and red pepper.
- Mix lightly to combine.
- Let stand in fridge for an hour or two so flavors can blend (optional).
- Gently press the meat into patties.
- Grill over moderate coals or on gas grill over medium heat to the desired level of doneness.
- Top with a little more blue cheese if desired and serve on toast hamburger buns.
Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs are a staple of summer due to their color, great flavors and versatility! For this Easy Eats recipe you can view three different Kabob Recipes that are sure to be fan favorites!
To prepare, soak boneless, skinless chicken breast in your favorite marinade for an hour or according to recipe direction. Add them onto skewer with your favorite veggies or summertime flavor favorites (think pineapple) and heat for approximately 12-15 minutes on each side or according to specific recipe directions. For veggies or other skewer toppings, slice into 2 inch chunks and add the same marinade you used for the chicken. Once on the grill baste the kabobs occasionally until meat and veggies are tender and ready to eat!
Check out this first Chicken Kabob that is filled with Hawaiian flavors and delicious pineapple!
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- ⅓ Cup Ketchup
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 4 T. Olive Oil, divided, plus more for brushing grill
- 1½ T. Rice Vinegar
- 4 tsp. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 T. Ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1¾ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1¼-inch cubes
- 3½ Cups Fresh Cubed Pineapple
- 1½ Large Green Pepper, diced into 1¼-inch pieces
- 1 Large Red Onion, diced into 1¼-inch pieces
- In a mixing bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, 2 T. olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil.
- Stir in ¾ tsp pepper and season with salt if desired.
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag.
- Reserve ½ cup of the marinade in refrigerator then pour remaining marinade over chicken.
- Seal bag and refrigerate 1 - 2 hours (meanwhile soak 10 wooden skewer sticks in water for 1 hour).
- Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over red onion, bell pepper and pineapple and toss. Season red onion and bell pepper with salt and pepper, then thread red onion, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used.
- Brush grill grates with olive oil then place skewers on grill. Grill 5 minutes then brush along tops with ¼ cup of remaining marinade.
- Rotate to opposite side and brush remaining ¼ cup of marinade on opposite side and allow to grill about 4 minutes longer, or until chicken registers 165 degrees in center on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve warm.
BBQ Chicken Bacon Kabobs
This next recipe is less about vegetables and more about deliciously crisp bacon and delicious bourbon flavored BBQ sauce.
- 16 Oz. BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Bourbon
- 3 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 T. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 12 Oz. Bacon, divided
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Prepare grill for 400°F.
- In small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and bourbon; mix well.
- Reserve one-third of sauce mixture for baste.
- In food processor bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and 6 slices bacon; pulse until smooth.
- Place chicken in bowl; rub with salt mixture.
- Cut remaining slices bacon into 1½-inch pieces. Alternately thread chicken and bacon pieces onto metal skewers.
- Grill skewers 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Brush with barbecue sauce mixture; grill 1 minute longer on each side.
- Serve with reserved barbecue sauce mixture.
Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
This recipe is light, sweet and delicious and will taste so much like summer! We love it with fresh zucchini too!
- 1½ T. Garlic, minced
- 1 T. Lemon, zest
- 4 T. Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Fresh Herbs (Try a mix of basil, rosemary and oregano)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 4 T. Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, cut into ¾ inch squares
- 1 Medium Red Onion, cut into wedges and then ¾ inch squares
- 1¼ Lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Lemon Wedge, for serving
- In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cut vegetables in a zip lock bag and add 3 T. of the herb marinade. Toss to coat.
- Place chicken in separate bag and add remaining marinade and toss to coat.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the skewers alternating with meat and vegetables.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip.
- Continue to cook and flip when necessary until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Serve with lemon wedges and squeeze on top.
This is a New York Strip Steak like you’ve never tasted it before. The recipe received its namesake based on its three main attributes: Sizzlin’, Grilled and Garlic. Want some more descriptive words to entice your tastebuds? How about juicy, premium cuts, seasoned, savory, spiced, marinated or zesty. Take your pick because they aren’t enough adjectives to describe how scrumptious this recipe really was. The cuts from Coborn’s are ultra delicious and contain little fat, which makes them extremely filling, but very worth the full belly!
We were really impressed with the marinade and how simple it was to make. We were also pleased when we opened up the cupboard and realized that we already had virtually everything on hand to make this meal a reality in as little as 15 minutes once the marinading was completed. Whether it’s for a special occasion or a random week night that you are trying to spruce up – we truly recommend the Sizzlin’ Grilled Garlic Easy Eats Recipe!
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients and mix well.
- Add steaks and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, uncovered over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Internal temperature must reach at least 145 degrees F. (medium rare).
Grilling season is well under way folks! After the first few outside meals of burgers and grilled chicken, we felt it was time to provide our Easy Eats followers with a tasty Pork Chop recipe. What is especially unique about this Sweet & Sour glaze is that prior to brushing the glaze ingredients together onto the Pork Chops they are marinated in a dry rub. This dry rub gives it the just the right amount of kick and it perfectly compliments the glaze that is used while they chops are grilling.
This recipe is extremely versatile and there are many different side dishes that will taste delightful when paired with the pork chops. We tried cooked carrots, but are confident that cheesy asparagus, Spanish rice or grilled pineapple would all taste fantastic as well (to name a few off the top of our list!) Enjoy this Easy Eats Recipe and rest assured that just because the school year is winding down and your days are busy you can still enjoy a home cooked meal with your family. Happy grilling Easy Eaters!
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with garlic-pepper blend, paprika and salt.
- When grill is heated, place pork chops on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6" from medium coals.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes, until internal temperature of pork reaches at least 145 degrees F.
- During the last 5 minutes turn pork chops once or twice and brush with glaze.
Here’s an Easy Eats Recipe that is perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! These mini “sandwich style” french toast are stuffed with cream cheese, blueberry preserves and a whole load of deliciousness. Experience french toast like you never have before and make mom’s day!
To begin, cut the baguettes into 1 inch slices. Put two slices together to make miniature sandwiches and then place them in the clean baking dish to be certain you have enough prepared to fill the dish. Next prepare the sandwiches by putting cream cheese on one of the halves and blueberry preserves on the other. Stick the sandwiches together and get ready to prep the baking dish!
This part is simple. To prepare the dish all you need to do is line the bottom of the tin with brown sugar and then coat the brown sugar with butter. Prepare the egg and milk mixture according to the directions and then dip your sandwiches in the mixture. Place them in the baking dish, coat the rest of the sandwiches with the leftover milk and egg mixture and then place your dish in the refrigerator for at least one hour. I let mine stay in the fridge over night and it was delicious!
When you’re ready to serve your meal simply remove the dish from the fridge, top it with blueberries and place it in the oven for about a half an hour. As the dish is baking prepare the homemade blueberry syrup. Can you say delicious?
Don’t have time to make this meal for mom today? Surprise her next weekend with breakfast and show her she’s special every day of the year with this Easy Eats Recipe!
- Slice baguettes into equal 1" slices. (You will need enough slices to make sandwiches to fill a 9 X 13 baking dish.)
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the bottom slices of the sandwiches.
- Spread blueberry preserves evenly over the top slices of the sandwiches.
- Combine the cream cheese slice with the blueberry preserve slice to make a sandwich.
- Continue with the previous steps until you have enough "sandwiches" to fill the baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over the brown sugar.
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl, whip until smooth.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining egg mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (can ask be left overnight!)
- Before baking, sprinkle 1 package of blueberries over the entire dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
- Add 1 bottle of pure maple syrup and 1 package of blueberries to a small sauce pan.
- Cook syrup and berries approximately 3-5 minutes over medium heat until the berries burst.
- Pour the syrup through a sieve into a heat proof container.
- Serve french toast warm and with warm homemade blueberry syrup.
This week’s Easy Eats features a meal that is great for a wide variety of taste buds and flavor preferences. Somewhere between grilled chicken breasts and tacos lies this meal planning creation and we’re so glad we get to share it with you!
Grilled Mexican Chicken Burgers are delightfully tasty and perfect for enjoying on a patio or deck on one of the first nice evening of the season. To make these burgers, simply mix ground chicken with a package of taco seasoning. When it is thoroughly mixed, press the chicken into patties. We made four 1/4 Lb. patties with the 1 Lb. of chicken, but it is simple to double a recipe and make eight or make three 1/3 Lb. patties instead of 1/4 Lb.
Next, add your patties to a warm grill, flipping after several minutes. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F, add a slice or two of pepper jack cheese to each of the patties and close the grill for a minute or two.
Now comes the fun part. Remove the warm chicken patties from the grill, and add to the buns. Then complete the meal with tasty guacamole, salsa, lettuce and any other type of burger necessity you can imagine (think onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.)
There you have it! A delicious Easy Eats recipe that will be fun to make and great to eat all summer long! Happy Grilling Easy Eaters!
- Preheat grill.
- In large bowl, mix chicken and taco seasoning mix.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about ¾ inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once.
- Top each patty with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place patties on bottoms of buns.
- Top with guacamole, salsa and tops of buns.
These Sweet Mustard Chops are INCREDIBLE. Not only are they easy as can be they taste delightful and are a fun way to spin up your grilling night with a bunch of ingredients I’m sure you already have on hand.
Another reason this recipe is wonderful is because the pork chops can simply marinate overnight. That means when it’s dinner time or when your guests arrive you don’t have to be scrambling to finish the marinade. Instead, you can simply grab your spiced pork chops from the fridge, add them to the grill and looking like a professional cook.
No need to head to the grocery store for this recipe, simply make sure you have enough of these staple pantry items and your meal for four is completed. Enjoy Easy Eaters!
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, mustard and seasoned salt.
- Whisk in vinegar.
- Pour into a large resealable plastic bag and add pork.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
When people think of food from the great northern region they think of some delicious and home-grown favorites such as wild rice, sweet cranberries, yams and other great tasting produce. This Great Northern Chicken Salad is a great way to combine all your great northern favorites in one dish.
With wild rice, sweet-tart cranberries, the optional addition of yams or your favorite squash and tender mixed greens this makes a truly memorable chicken salad. Try it and let us know what you think!
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon pepper and the salt.
- Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer chicken to plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a seperate medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add garlic, stir for about 1 minute.
- Transfer to plate to cool.
- Stir together rice, onions and garlic, cranberries, mayonnaise, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
- Cut cooked chicken into 1-inch strips.
- To assemble salads, spread a layer of greens on 4 salad plates.
- Top with rice mixture; arrange chicken strips over the top.
There’s nothing quite like a delicious tuna sandwich pressed between your favorite type of whole grain bread for a healthy and hearty lunch! Until recently I wasn’t a big fan of tuna. I think it was because I wasn’t having tuna in the right way.
Basically this recipe is like a tuna salad with some added flavor from onions, a crunch from celery and some cheese to accompany the flavor. To make simply mix together your tuna with mayo, diced onions and minced celery. Add some salt and pepper for extra flavor and then put your sandwich together with cheese and toasted bread. If you’ve never tried it I suggest trying Four Brothers Wholesome Harvest Bread. Not only is it the best bread in the business, but it is extremely healthy and a great companion to your tuna salad! Simply toast your bread by adding a touch of butter to each side, add a little bit of your favorite sandwich veggies such as lettuce or tomatoes and just like that your meal is ready to go!
Add a soup or salad and enjoy this delicious meal Easy Eaters!
- Mix tuna with desired amounts of mayo, finely diced onion and celery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place butter side down on a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese, desired amount of tuna salad and a second slice of buttered bread (butter side out).
- Grill on each side until bread is golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite salad or fresh fruit.
Never have we tasted such a quick and easy pasta that tastes so delightful! This dinner cooks quickly, freezes great for lunches, and reheats wonderfully for leftovers – it’s truly a treat!
In this dish, a creamy alfredo white sauce is tossed with prepared fettuccine noodles completed to al dente. Once you have your sauce to noodle ratio complete, simply add in a variety of mixed vegetables and stir to your liking to create a flavorful pasta delight. Garnish your meal with cracked pepper for an extra kick and top with parmesan cheese, because let’s face it you can never have too much cheese in a pasta dish!
To make this meal even better pair it with a caesar salad, fresh fruit or with your favorite variety of grilled chicken for a delicious and flavorful meal!
Enjoy Easy Eaters!
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in large saucepan.
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions (this recipe asks for 8 oz, so if you have a pound box, remember to only use half).
- Keep warm.
- Heat alfredo sauce in large skillet over medium heat, 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add frozen vegetables; heat through.
- Add cooked fettuccine and mix thoroughly.
- Pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and garnish with Parmesan cheese.