This salad of aromatic grilled chicken will taste just how you would expect a fresh summer salad to be. From its tasty dressing that is deliciously tossed with penne or rotini pasta to the sautéed summer squash and garlic toast. Talk about a delicious meal!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on grill; cover.
- Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and, pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice grilled chicken.
- Pour enough dressing into pasta to coat it well; toss well.
- Spoon pasta into shallow bowls, top with chicken.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with parsley.
Summer will be winding down before we know it! Here’s a great way to take advantage of your summer-grilling before it’s time to pack away the grill for the season. This foil-wrapped grilled vegetable recipe is a snap and the ultimate way to make a flavorful veggie dish. If you love to grill, then you know that vegetables can be difficult to cook on a grill at times because they tend to be softer and smaller and therefore can fall through the grill grate and into your fire. Follow the directions below and you’ll have a delicious side dish prepared in minutes that will accompany any summer meal!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine vegetables, tomatoes and dressing.
- Spoon onto center of large sheet heavy-duty foil fold to make packet.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning after 4 minutes.
- Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packet.
- Sprinkle vegetable mixture with cheese.
For an extra special flavor: Toss vegetables and tomatoes with 1 T. pesto along with the dressing. Or, sprinkle cooked vegetable mixture with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
Once the sirloin steak is grilled and prepared into strips it’s go-time! Top off a salad full of delicious veggies and fresh greens with a balsamic dressing for a little extra kick. This wonderful tasting and easy-to-make salad is so full of flavor and a perfect way to use any leftover steaks that you may have from the 4th of July!
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Reserve ⅓ cup dressing. Brush remaining onto steak and cut sides of peppers.
- Place steak and peppers, dressing-sides down, on grill grate.
- Grill 10 minutes or until steak is medium doneness (165 degrees), turning steak after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover 4 serving plates with greens; top with tomatoes and onions.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; cut peppers into strips. Arrange meat and peppers over salads.
- Drizzle with reserved dressing.
Tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and mozzarella cheese skewered together and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. This great appetizer is a sure fire way to kick off your 4th of July celebration! Enjoy this treat Easy Eaters!
- On the skewer: alternate 1 cucumber piece, 1 cherry tomato, 1 piece mozzarella, 1 black olives, 1 more cherry tomato and 1 more cucumber piece on each skewer.
- Arrange the brochettes on a platter, drizzle with the Balsamic Vinaigrette and garnish with fresh basil.
This burger is a delightful dish full of flavor, cheesiness and it pairs great with tons of sides! If you’re looking to make a brand new and creative burger flavor we promise all blue cheese lovers will thank us for this one!
- ½ Lb. Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef (Will make roughly 8 burger patties. Adjust accordingly for smaller portion!)
- ¼ Cup Scallions, minced with tops included
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Ground Red Pepper
- Hamburger Buns, toasted
- Add blue cheese crumbles to the ground beef.
- Add minced scallions, tabasco, worcestershire, salt, pepper and red pepper.
- Mix lightly to combine.
- Let stand in fridge for an hour or two so flavors can blend (optional).
- Gently press the meat into patties.
- Grill over moderate coals or on gas grill over medium heat to the desired level of doneness.
- Top with a little more blue cheese if desired and serve on toast hamburger buns.
Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs are a staple of summer due to their color, great flavors and versatility! For this Easy Eats recipe you can view three different Kabob Recipes that are sure to be fan favorites!
To prepare, soak boneless, skinless chicken breast in your favorite marinade for an hour or according to recipe direction. Add them onto skewer with your favorite veggies or summertime flavor favorites (think pineapple) and heat for approximately 12-15 minutes on each side or according to specific recipe directions. For veggies or other skewer toppings, slice into 2 inch chunks and add the same marinade you used for the chicken. Once on the grill baste the kabobs occasionally until meat and veggies are tender and ready to eat!
Check out this first Chicken Kabob that is filled with Hawaiian flavors and delicious pineapple!
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- ⅓ Cup Ketchup
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 4 T. Olive Oil, divided, plus more for brushing grill
- 1½ T. Rice Vinegar
- 4 tsp. Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 T. Ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1¾ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1¼-inch cubes
- 3½ Cups Fresh Cubed Pineapple
- 1½ Large Green Pepper, diced into 1¼-inch pieces
- 1 Large Red Onion, diced into 1¼-inch pieces
- In a mixing bowl whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, 2 T. olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil.
- Stir in ¾ tsp pepper and season with salt if desired.
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag.
- Reserve ½ cup of the marinade in refrigerator then pour remaining marinade over chicken.
- Seal bag and refrigerate 1 - 2 hours (meanwhile soak 10 wooden skewer sticks in water for 1 hour).
- Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, drizzle remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over red onion, bell pepper and pineapple and toss. Season red onion and bell pepper with salt and pepper, then thread red onion, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used.
- Brush grill grates with olive oil then place skewers on grill. Grill 5 minutes then brush along tops with ¼ cup of remaining marinade.
- Rotate to opposite side and brush remaining ¼ cup of marinade on opposite side and allow to grill about 4 minutes longer, or until chicken registers 165 degrees in center on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve warm.
BBQ Chicken Bacon Kabobs
This next recipe is less about vegetables and more about deliciously crisp bacon and delicious bourbon flavored BBQ sauce.
- 16 Oz. BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Bourbon
- 3 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 T. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 12 Oz. Bacon, divided
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Prepare grill for 400°F.
- In small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and bourbon; mix well.
- Reserve one-third of sauce mixture for baste.
- In food processor bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and 6 slices bacon; pulse until smooth.
- Place chicken in bowl; rub with salt mixture.
- Cut remaining slices bacon into 1½-inch pieces. Alternately thread chicken and bacon pieces onto metal skewers.
- Grill skewers 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Brush with barbecue sauce mixture; grill 1 minute longer on each side.
- Serve with reserved barbecue sauce mixture.
Herbed Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
This recipe is light, sweet and delicious and will taste so much like summer! We love it with fresh zucchini too!
- 1½ T. Garlic, minced
- 1 T. Lemon, zest
- 4 T. Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Fresh Herbs (Try a mix of basil, rosemary and oregano)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 4 T. Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, cut into ¾ inch squares
- 1 Medium Red Onion, cut into wedges and then ¾ inch squares
- 1¼ Lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Lemon Wedge, for serving
- In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Place cut vegetables in a zip lock bag and add 3 T. of the herb marinade. Toss to coat.
- Place chicken in separate bag and add remaining marinade and toss to coat.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4-6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the skewers alternating with meat and vegetables.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip.
- Continue to cook and flip when necessary until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Serve with lemon wedges and squeeze on top.
This is a New York Strip Steak like you’ve never tasted it before. The recipe received its namesake based on its three main attributes: Sizzlin’, Grilled and Garlic. Want some more descriptive words to entice your tastebuds? How about juicy, premium cuts, seasoned, savory, spiced, marinated or zesty. Take your pick because they aren’t enough adjectives to describe how scrumptious this recipe really was. The cuts from Coborn’s are ultra delicious and contain little fat, which makes them extremely filling, but very worth the full belly!
We were really impressed with the marinade and how simple it was to make. We were also pleased when we opened up the cupboard and realized that we already had virtually everything on hand to make this meal a reality in as little as 15 minutes once the marinading was completed. Whether it’s for a special occasion or a random week night that you are trying to spruce up – we truly recommend the Sizzlin’ Grilled Garlic Easy Eats Recipe!
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients and mix well.
- Add steaks and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, uncovered over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Internal temperature must reach at least 145 degrees F. (medium rare).
Grilling season is well under way folks! After the first few outside meals of burgers and grilled chicken, we felt it was time to provide our Easy Eats followers with a tasty Pork Chop recipe. What is especially unique about this Sweet & Sour glaze is that prior to brushing the glaze ingredients together onto the Pork Chops they are marinated in a dry rub. This dry rub gives it the just the right amount of kick and it perfectly compliments the glaze that is used while they chops are grilling.
This recipe is extremely versatile and there are many different side dishes that will taste delightful when paired with the pork chops. We tried cooked carrots, but are confident that cheesy asparagus, Spanish rice or grilled pineapple would all taste fantastic as well (to name a few off the top of our list!) Enjoy this Easy Eats Recipe and rest assured that just because the school year is winding down and your days are busy you can still enjoy a home cooked meal with your family. Happy grilling Easy Eaters!
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with garlic-pepper blend, paprika and salt.
- When grill is heated, place pork chops on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6" from medium coals.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes, until internal temperature of pork reaches at least 145 degrees F.
- During the last 5 minutes turn pork chops once or twice and brush with glaze.
Here’s an Easy Eats Recipe that is perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! These mini “sandwich style” french toast are stuffed with cream cheese, blueberry preserves and a whole load of deliciousness. Experience french toast like you never have before and make mom’s day!
To begin, cut the baguettes into 1 inch slices. Put two slices together to make miniature sandwiches and then place them in the clean baking dish to be certain you have enough prepared to fill the dish. Next prepare the sandwiches by putting cream cheese on one of the halves and blueberry preserves on the other. Stick the sandwiches together and get ready to prep the baking dish!
This part is simple. To prepare the dish all you need to do is line the bottom of the tin with brown sugar and then coat the brown sugar with butter. Prepare the egg and milk mixture according to the directions and then dip your sandwiches in the mixture. Place them in the baking dish, coat the rest of the sandwiches with the leftover milk and egg mixture and then place your dish in the refrigerator for at least one hour. I let mine stay in the fridge over night and it was delicious!
When you’re ready to serve your meal simply remove the dish from the fridge, top it with blueberries and place it in the oven for about a half an hour. As the dish is baking prepare the homemade blueberry syrup. Can you say delicious?
Don’t have time to make this meal for mom today? Surprise her next weekend with breakfast and show her she’s special every day of the year with this Easy Eats Recipe!
- Slice baguettes into equal 1" slices. (You will need enough slices to make sandwiches to fill a 9 X 13 baking dish.)
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the bottom slices of the sandwiches.
- Spread blueberry preserves evenly over the top slices of the sandwiches.
- Combine the cream cheese slice with the blueberry preserve slice to make a sandwich.
- Continue with the previous steps until you have enough "sandwiches" to fill the baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over the brown sugar.
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl, whip until smooth.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining egg mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (can ask be left overnight!)
- Before baking, sprinkle 1 package of blueberries over the entire dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
- Add 1 bottle of pure maple syrup and 1 package of blueberries to a small sauce pan.
- Cook syrup and berries approximately 3-5 minutes over medium heat until the berries burst.
- Pour the syrup through a sieve into a heat proof container.
- Serve french toast warm and with warm homemade blueberry syrup.
This week’s Easy Eats features a meal that is great for a wide variety of taste buds and flavor preferences. Somewhere between grilled chicken breasts and tacos lies this meal planning creation and we’re so glad we get to share it with you!
Grilled Mexican Chicken Burgers are delightfully tasty and perfect for enjoying on a patio or deck on one of the first nice evening of the season. To make these burgers, simply mix ground chicken with a package of taco seasoning. When it is thoroughly mixed, press the chicken into patties. We made four 1/4 Lb. patties with the 1 Lb. of chicken, but it is simple to double a recipe and make eight or make three 1/3 Lb. patties instead of 1/4 Lb.
Next, add your patties to a warm grill, flipping after several minutes. When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees F, add a slice or two of pepper jack cheese to each of the patties and close the grill for a minute or two.
Now comes the fun part. Remove the warm chicken patties from the grill, and add to the buns. Then complete the meal with tasty guacamole, salsa, lettuce and any other type of burger necessity you can imagine (think onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.)
There you have it! A delicious Easy Eats recipe that will be fun to make and great to eat all summer long! Happy Grilling Easy Eaters!
- Preheat grill.
- In large bowl, mix chicken and taco seasoning mix.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about ¾ inch thick.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once.
- Top each patty with cheese slice for last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place patties on bottoms of buns.
- Top with guacamole, salsa and tops of buns.